Murder on the Heights - Discussion thread

Threads regarding the game, but not specific rules queries or resources.

Murder on the Heights - Discussion thread

Postby Boneguard » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:17 am

fifty wrote:So the first official Scenario has gone out to all you lovely KS backers now.

Now we want to know what you think!

Does the format work for you? Are the quick start PCs balanced right?
Is there enough detail? ...or too much? Did you want more fighting? more magic?
Does the adventure interest you and will you be running it? ...and if you do - tell us how it went!

...etc, etc...

Anyway - let us know your thoughts please! 8-)

fifty wrote:
netobvious wrote:Is it the "Murder on the Heights" adventure. It looks really interesting. What I love best are the many sample characters with the "Metier" well used and thus a great guide to newbies. Really good stuff. Draws me into the "Orbis Terranum" mythos. Sadly, the weather has been so terrible in UK, I have not even visited Huddersfield for a long time this year. Keep well.

fifty wrote:Thanks Netobvious, we tried hard to make the scenario one which would provide plenty of sample metier use so glad it ticked that box.. and yes we will have to meet up for a few drinks and a chat at some point soon!! :)

netobvious wrote:Did anyone notice the adventure itself has a "Metier". Reminds me of some game scenarios I built around Tarot cards in my early ventures in game design (may resurrect them one day as I gain more experience from the pros here).

Another nice touch is the in-game support the OM may offer players who are cursed by terrible dice rolls. :evil:

"If the players are really struggling, a battered and bruised Chenna can arrive, transforming back from a large Merin (Archaeopteryx) to assist them with wisdom magic and a little encouragement".

I really appreciate such in-game flavours. Well done guys!

fifty wrote:Anyone else had a read through yet?

Author Dan wrote:
netobvious wrote:Did anyone notice the adventure itself has a "Metier". Reminds me of some game scenarios I built around Tarot cards in my early ventures in game design (may resurrect them one day as I gain more experience from the pros here).

We've both enjoyed the "adventure/scene Metier" rules during the latest playtesting, It shapes the way I think when designing encounters and adventures, and is a great guide at the table for those 50/50 calls.

Plus players can know about it, and a few times they've piped up to grab the advantage too, which is nice for their PCs and a good way to make sure we're all working together on the themes.

boneguard wrote:I've quickly gone through it. The Killer does make the adventure challenging...especially if the player's are not strong on the thinking side of RPG.

Noticed 2 quick typo on p.2.

Shouldn't it be "Zammite plaines" instead of "Zammite planes"??
And (2nd line after the title) "rolling plaines" instead of "rolling planes"

fifty wrote:Yep, the killer does make it hard, but on the other hand the PCs can still come away with a 'sort of win' by just picking someone and blaming him! ;)

as for typo... not sure, I thought it was plains... a quick Google suggests Wikipedia agrees
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain
...though I don't know if that's any sort of proof! :-D

boneguard wrote:Crap I had the French spelling of plains...stupid mother language.

But should it not be "Zammite plains" instead of current "Zammite planes"?

fifty wrote:Ahh yep, you are right! 8-) - I was checking our word doc where I must have caught it in a previous check through and corrected or something, the PDF does indeed contain typo! :oops:

I'm actually making a few small alterations to the adventure, (not content, just typos and a few tiny layout changes etc...) so I'll make sure I correct anything you guys spot before we re-release an updated version. :)

10/10 for eagle-eyes boneguard... & as for mother language - just be thankful I'm not trying to impress you with my French!! :lol:
Gaming is not a Hobby. It's a way of life!

Populating Hraldarthorp and Northern Hutzlun since 2013!
Boneguard

Return to Other OT stuff