Rules that will be added to the final Core-book.

Threads regarding the game, but not specific rules queries or resources.

Rules that will be added to the final Core-book.

Postby Boneguard » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:29 am

fifty wrote:This thread is for rules that are 99% certain to be added to the finished core book.

We are of course still open to discussion, but for the most part you should consider rules posted here by me or Dan to be the same core-canon as the rules in the PDF you have been looking at! :)

fifty wrote:So to begin with here's one that got missed out and should have been in anyway!

Rank benefits for Shield skill:

R3: Shield Protection: Your shield always grants some protection against the strength of incoming attacks.
You gain an AAV to all locations whilst armed with the shield as follows.
Fist Shield = 0pts, Small and Medium Shields = 1pt, Large Shields = 2pts.

R6: Shield-born: Your shield is like an extension of your body.
You reduce any and all penalties given for shields by 10% each (see Shields and parrying table),
this includes the penalties to 'main hand' use, and the -30% per repeated parry, dropping that reduction to -20% per use.

fifty wrote:Rank benefits for Weapon skills:

R3: Broad Proficiency
: You are familiar with the nuances of your weapon and can adapt to slightly different types with ease.
You may now use your AP as well as your rank % and min LoS bonus with all weapons in the same weapon group.

R6: Focused Striking: Your speed and skill is such that you can consistently shift your attacks towards your preferred target areas.
You may shift the 'hit location' number by up to 3 points (up or down).
e.g. if your hit location roll was a 5, the body of a human, then you could shift this up 3 to 8 to hit the arms, or down 3 to 2 to strike your opponents legs.
Additionally the penalties for aiming for a specific or diminutive location drop by 5%, to -15% and -25% respectively.

Ant wrote:Love the weapon rank benefits

However I think the two shield benefits are the wrong way round OR you need to change the dodge benefits to be in line with shield benefits

fifty wrote:K - just for any that's interested we've a crib sheet for Earthpower rotes now that will be going in the final book: New EP Rote Crib

fifty wrote:Also we've slightly altered the alchemy rules, new costs and times for some of the higher alchemicals and amalgams, also added a 'potent drain' value to the catalyst element: New Alchemy

Ant wrote:
R3: Broad Proficiency: You are familiar with the nuances of your weapon and can adapt to slightly different types with ease.
You may now use your AP as well as your rank % and min LoS bonus with all weapons in the same weapon group.

A question on this - I think I know the answer but for clarification...

I have a character with rank 2 in "pointed blades" and have put AP into both shortsword and dagger, when I get rank 3 do I add the AP spent on both weapons or use the best (effectively wasting the points spent on the lesser side?)

Personally I can make the argument both ways but on reflection it is more appropriate for the APs spent to stack

fifty wrote:Stack em, your knowledge of the nuances of both will carry to all similar weapons now. :)

Author Dan wrote:One very minor addition: Any skill a PC has a rank 6 in (and especially if even higher) effectively becomes part of their metier... so for example, not only is Kantrel an Acrobatic Raphaelian Duellist, I also include "veteran of the Basaedo" for all kinds of bonuses and repuation.

Especially given he's in a duel next session!

Ant wrote:I like that

Well travelled Hutzlunr warrior poet has a good ring to it :D

fifty wrote:Slight tweak to the Defensive stance.

"The character’s Damage Dice and bonus are reduced and they suffer -10% to attack, but they receive a +20% bonus to parry and dodge."

We've added this attack penalty in after a lot of thought surrounding our current batch of games and the scenario. The basic thought being that fighting in a defensive stance will reduce the characters ability to attack as effectively, plus this now mirrors the attack bonus for aggressive stance.

Ant wrote:I thought that was how it worked anyway, so cool

fifty wrote:Magic skills now also have rank benefits!

Here's the first two pages of the newly edited skills section which now covers the rank benefits of Weapon skills, dodge, shields and high and low magic.

rank benefits
Gaming is not a Hobby. It's a way of life!

Populating Hraldarthorp and Northern Hutzlun since 2013!
Boneguard

Return to Other OT stuff