Nostapyrax - the names of things.

Threads regarding the game, but not specific rules queries or resources.

Re: Nostapyrax - the names of things.

Postby Boneguard » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:14 pm

"Crazy" Fizzik an excentic Pyraxian Alchemic; whose experiment can be quite noisy, colourful or usually both.
Gaming is not a Hobby. It's a way of life!

Populating Hraldarthorp and Northern Hutzlun since 2013!
Boneguard

Postby netobvious » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:57 am

I am thinking of a few places that help expand the character background of one notable Pyraxian in the Hood. ;-)

(a) So there is this head quarters of the Exotic Entertainment Guild: "Tower of Madame Two Swords"
(The Coat of arms will be blood-red lips above two swords surrounded by a wreath of white and red rose flowers)

(b) A street known as the "Street of Blood and Roses" with the famous alley "Two Swords Alley".

(c) A sanctuary for the destitute denizens of Nostapyrax at the "Church of the Redeemed Children"

(d) Other streets nearby will be the "Street of No Names" home to many taverns frequented by mercenaries.

(5) Finally, an underground sewer system known as the "Sewers of Salvation" home to runaways and castouts.
netobvious

Postby 348 White » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Hmmm...at least one offered location ties in with an Adventure seed I've written.
348 White

Postby netobvious » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Not sure if my post got lost but here is what I remember.

PLACE:
Tower of Madame Two Swords
(thought of having a heraldic emblem as blood red lips above two cross swords surrounded by a red and white wreath of roses)
This could be the exotic entertainment guild (and a cover for a guild of seductive assassins).

PLACE:
Church of Redeemed Children
(a place where castaways flock to the gospel of the "All Mother")

PLACE:
Sewer City of Salvation (as known by its denizens or the Sewer City of the Unloved as known by the surface dwellers)
(a full underground city in the sewers of Nostapyrax run by disparate Sewer Gangs and their Sewer Princes)

GROUP@
Guild of Exotic Entertainers
Guild of the Street Children
Gangs of the Sewer City
netobvious

Postby Damo_b » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:40 pm

Place
Hakim's Emporium of Golden Possibilities (goldsmiths-not a knocking shop Doc) run by Hakim (charming Dromish Demonologist)
Damo_b

Postby 348 White » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:15 am

A Pelossian embassy building in the witan would be useful.
Kaype: Citrus Avenue, Grove Lane, Harmony Walk, Herb Lane, Ley Street.
348 White

Postby 348 White » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:22 pm

348 White wrote:A Pelossian embassy building in the witan would be useful.
Kaype: Citrus Avenue, Grove Lane, Harmony Walk, Herb Lane, Ley Street.

I can imagine occassional misunderstandings amongst visitors to Ley Street.
348 White

Postby 348 White » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:02 am

The Lucky Star Insurance Company. This is a large warehouse building in the Raphelian part of the Jannat District. It includes a water gate and covered dock (if this is feasible) and also access to a road or lane. The site incorporates a watch tower, The Tower of the Star.
348 White

Postby 348 White » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:51 pm

I recollect the Black Bell tavern and the Good (No) Chance gaming house, both on Lightside Haak.
348 White

Postby 348 White » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:59 pm

A tower and grounds for Sera Shemelle Coronis would be useful. Gullyan location I suppose, or if not the Witam.

Shemelle has inherited a pile of wealth and a substantial income as a legacy from her late father. She is a notable and graceful beauty with striking dark eyes and her hair is always made up in a different fashion and colour. She wears a fortune in jewellery and her silken gowns are usually elaborate and are usually cut to display her limbs and embonpoint.

She is a devoted patron of the arts and, within her own walls and favoured company, a blatant hedonist; though her passions and interests are soon jaded and new sensations and protégés are eagerly sought. Her tower holds an ecletic collection of artwork and elaborate parties are frequently held in its rooms and galleries. When travelling around the city she is either carried in a palanquin or else chosses to take her chariot, often taking the reins from her charioteer to drive the car herself. She is a noted rival of Sera Onassi.
348 White

PreviousNext

Return to Other OT stuff